"We acknowledge that
Environmental Sustainability is at our core mission"
and as universities, we have a unique:
• potential and capacity to enhance knowledge and understanding, and provide necessary skills and innovation;
• responsibility and duty toward raising awareness and enhancing sustainability literacy for students, staff and communities;
• position and reason to develop our campuses as living laboratories of environmental sustainability in practice.
To meet the global environmental challenges we commit to:
• promoting environmental sustainability in every aspect of our work at universities;
• set environmental sustainability on top of our priorities;
• work closely with policy makers, municipalities & communities, industry & business and other universities;
• share examples of our green practice, evaluate and report our status, plans and progress to all stakeholders.
[UNICA GREEN PLEDGE signed by the Rector of the University of Genoa on April, 28, 2016]